A creamy yet full of flavours an appetizer with avocados and prawns. Try out the Mexican prawn avocado cocktail recipe and impress your guests during dinner.
Servings: 4 people
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 Shallot peel and chopped
- 1 piece garlic peel and slice
- 500 grams prawns peeled and cooked (fresh is perfect, if you can get good quality)
- 1 fresh chilli deseeded and sliced
- 200 ml creme fraiche
- 2 limes cut and squeeze the juice in a bowl
- 100 ml good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 400 ml good fish stock
- bouquet garni rosemary,tarragon,bay leaf,thyme in a sachet
- If you have fresh prawns, peel them, clean and de-vine the prawns, then put a pan on heat, add the stock and the bouquet garni, once it boils, poach the prawns for 2 – 3 minutes. Take them out, rinse and let them cool down in a colander. Then put the prawns in the fridge and chill them.
- In a blender, puree the avocados,onion,chilli,garlic until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Use a tall glass and set the prawns in the first layer and top with the puree dressing.
- Do this layer by layer until it reaches the top.
- Serve immediately.
Alternatively, you could also halve the avocados, then scoop out the flesh and keep the skin halves. Serve the cocktail in the avocado skins.
Rosie Gohres | www.flavoursofsingapore.nl | www.rosiegohres.com