It has many names; Jemput-jemput pisang, Cekodok pisang, Kuih Kodok or Fried banana balls is a traditional Malay kuih/snacks. It is made from mashed ripe and sweet bananas. Great to eat as snacks in the afternoon with tea. This kuih is commonly sold in street stalls and kuih shops. Jemput-jemput pisang is an easy recipe to make. Not to be confused with Goreng Pisang (fried bananas) which is fried whole , this one is mashed.
Servings: 12 pieces
Prep Time: 3 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
Passive Time: 5 mins
- Peel the skin of the baby bananas and put in a large bowl.
- Mash all the bananas.
- Add plain flour , baking powder and brown sugar into the bowl of mash bananas and mix all the ingredient.
- Add a pinch of salt (just a tiny bit) for the taste.
- Stir thoroughly and make sure the mixture is not too dry or not to wet. If too wet add a little bit of flour.
- Leave the mixture for 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat up a pan with oil at a medium-high temperature.
- Make sure the pan is hot before putting in the scoop of banana mixture.
- Once the oil is hot, use a spoon and scoop the mixture and slide it in the pan. If you prefer big size banana balls, use bigger spoon.
- Adjust the temperature to medium when it gets too hot. Otherwise the banana balls will burn. Do not lower the temperature to low otherwise the banana balls absorb to much oil and becomes too oily.
- In a few minutes the banana balls should be ready and once ready take it out and place it on a kitchen paper. Ready to serve.