One of the basics in stir frying Chinese vegetables with mushrooms using basic ingredients such as Chinese vegetables, mushrooms, ginger and sesame oil. This recipe is not only healthy ( and vegetarian )but you can also add meat such as beef or chicken and also prawns.
Servings: 2 people
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- Chinese vegetables (paksoi/ kai lan/ choi sum/ etc)
- 1 small onion peel and cut into rings
- 1 piece garlic peel and chopped coarsely
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp chicken bouillon to taste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Some Shitake mushrooms (as many or as little as you like) or other mushrooms
- fishballs cut in halves (optional)
- Red chilies cut in slices optional
- sesame oil to taste
- 1 tsp ginger peel and cut in thin slices
- Wash and pat dry the vegetables.
- In a wok, add oil and wait for the wok to heat up on medium low fire.
- Add garlic and fry until light golden brown.
- Add onions and fry until soft. Do not burn the garlic and onions.
- Add vegetables and ginger.
- Add chicken bouillon and fish sauce.
- Add fish balls and chillies. (optional)
- Add sesame oil and taste. Add white pepper to taste. If needed add salt.
- Stir fry for a few minutes on medium-high fire until slightly soft and crunchy.
- Switch off fire. Serve hot on a plate.
- Tips: This is a flexible dish where you can always add seafood such as prawns or beef slices, boiled eggs, quail eggs, fishcakes, tofu , snow peas, haricots, long beans, capsicum,etc into this dish.
Tips: This is a flexible dish where you can always add seafood such as prawns or beef slices, boiled eggs, quail eggs, fishcakes, tofu , snow peas, haricots, long beans, capsicum,etc into this dish.
Rosie Gohres | www.flavoursofsingapore.nl | www.rosiegohres.com