Wok Noodles with Prawns & Shitake Mushrooms ….this dish will make you drool. A simple dish and very flavourful. Frying or wokkin noodles is actually pretty easy. Once you know the basics, the right ingredients, the right food combination all you need are some fresh ingredients to complete this recipe.
Servings: 2 people
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 2 pieces garlic peeled and chopped
- 2 portion dry noodles or chow mien
- prawns uncooked, peel and de-veined
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- fresh red chillies optional
- Boil the Chinese dry noodles as per instruction on the packet. When it is ready, set aside.
- Heat up the wok and add cooking oil.
- When the wok is hot, add garlic and fry until light golden brown.
- Add prawns.
- While prawns are half cooked, add vegetables, mushrooms and chillies(optional).
- Splash sesame oil into the wok to give the prawns, vegetables and mushrooms some flavour.
- Add bean sprouts (taugeh).
- When the prawns are almost cooked and the vegetables and mushrooms are cooked, add noodles.
- Add light soya sauce.
- Stir evenly. Do not mash the noodles while stirring. Use thongs if possible.
- Taste. If needed add more light soya sauce if it is not salty.
Rosie Gohres | www.flavoursofsingapore.nl | www.rosiegohres.com