Pisang Goreng, Goreng Pisang, Cucur Pisang they all mean the same thing, fried bananas. These Pisang Goreng (Banana Fritters) are very common in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. You can find them almost everywhere coffeeshops, stalls or at street stalls. In Asia , you can find a variety of different types of bananas. I remembered my mother making these yummy crunchy fried bananas when I was young. In this recipe I am using a sweet banana made with a crunchy batter. For an extended version of fried bananas, I cam recommend to serve it with ice-cream or dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with caramel or drizzle with nutella chocolate.
Servings: 4 pieces
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
- Combine rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, and water in a mixing bowl. Adjust the consistency of the batter. To make sure to get the right consistency either add bit by bit rice flour to thicken the batter or add water to make it less thicker.
- Peel bananas and cut each into two leaving the ends intact.
- Heat enough oil in a pot for deep frying
- Dip the bananas into the batter and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes or golden in colour. Remove and drain on paper towel or wire rack. Serve immediately.
- Serve with ice-ream at the side. (optional)